Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Embarrassment

Last night he came home and didn't say a word to me. I asked him a couple of things to test the waters and he grunted a couple of one word responses. That's my cue to avoid him for the rest of the evening. He sat in his thinking chair and read a book. I sat for awhile in case he wanted to talk. I get tired of the rejection so I don't try to pull him into a conversation very often. I noticed this morning he is smearing my name on his facebook page....which I attribute to bipolar BECAUSE, his perspective that he writes from is so skewed. That is a typical flag to me that it is a bipolar issue. He gets stuck on something that is not true and uses that as his focus. Even if I tell him that is not what I said (afterall I'm the one who said it so I should know what I said and why), He gets attached to what he thought was true and then tries to make me stick to that. Sound insane? It is. It's a typical bipolar day. If you know anyone married to someone with bipolar, please find a way to support the person that does not have bipolar when their spouse goes on a tangent about their spouse and stick up for their spouse to them (if the person with bipolar respects you). Sometimes this is the only thing that makes them start thinking rationally again. Agreeing with them only feeds their skewed ideas and that does not help. I am definitely not saying that I am not at fault. I often times am, but even then he can skew what I'm wrong about when I apologize just to stay mad.

4 comments:

  1. I was just going to sit on the sidelines and read this blog of yours but this post is EXACTLY what I deal with with my husband. He hasn't been formally diagnosed and I do not understand how his parents and close friends don't think he has it. Everyone is constantly coddling him while I am expected to sit back and take his abuse. He threw me out, then cheated on me twice and yet somehow it is all my fault and he constantly tells me that I chose to leave. Ugh... Well thank you for creating this blog so I don't feel like I'm losing my mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO glad I found this site! I am the partner of someone going through an 'episode' at the moment and I am finding this one particularly hard to deal with. Finding this site has made me feel a little less lonely. Thank you all for sharing your stories.

      Delete
  2. Reading this it reminds me of my boyfriend .he does some of the most meanest things .if and when i react .he says im agressive im negative..and then he becomes he victim..any thing i say becomes twisted into somethjng i didnt say or something i didnt mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get that all the time!!! He twists things and I sound like such a mean horrible person and I actually start to wonder if I'm going mad

      Delete

PLEASE post comments. Comments affirm me to continue blogging for some reason. Thank you!